Saturday, July 22, 2017

Art and Politics...do they mix? History has the answer!

 

Art and politics have interacted since the beginnings of humanity as a species. For some artists, it has been a catapulting event into fame and wealth, beginning with the times when artists had patrons. Artists have worked for powerful people like kings, popes, cardinals and rich influential families (e.g. the Medici!) and painted them to create a mangnanimous image and, in so doing, increase or maintain their power. Artists have also denounced injustice and triggered revolutionary thoughts in populations throughout history, most notably (I think!) in France. It still happens today.
Although I try to avoid such theme in my paintings, it takes a strong determination not to paint about it because I feel strongly about political issues ( I just keep my mouth shut!). Lately, I've been reconsidering the idea...Visit my video in Youtube (above) and leave a comment...I want to know what you think!  :)
Oh....and while you're there...care to subscribe? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment