Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Unfinished Work #1

Well, this is the first pastel I am showing to the world in this blog. It is made with Rembrandt pastels and Gioconda pastel pencils, then covered with a workable fixative. I am awaiting self-satisfaction with the painting before applying the final coat for protection from light and time.
I love still life paintings, ...although I prefer portraits. But sometimes, beauty is in little things that do not talk, Still life is, in a way, a portrait..a portrait of life as it surrouds us. Things like bread, some fruit, rosemary, an old book and artisan work. This one depicted is inspired by ceramics from the Algarve region, in Southern Portugal. I will be posting a follow-up finished version of the painting in a few days.
Will love to receive your comments. Add yourself to my page if you feel so inclined. I speak English, Portuguese and Spanish and... I can read and write some French.
Stay tuned and thanks for visiting!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment